Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 31

Week 31 2Week 26 vs Week 31

This week has been really good. On the ministry side of life, I have met with several girls and women about life in general and done Bible studies. David and I are handing out the story of Jonah and having great spiritual conversations through that. I am at a high point spiritually and emotionally.

Physically, however, I want to sleep all the time! Saturday, I took two naps and cleaned like crazy in between those. Smile Thankfully, my hubby is aware of my need for sleep most days and does not mind taking care of the little man. I try not to take advantage of him, though, and usually sleep when Gid sleeps, still. Smile

How far along? 31 Weeks
Name: Ruth Judsyn Barker – We’re having a girl!
Best moment this week: Building a fort in the living room with Gid-man on a rainy day. Also, some amazing things have been happening in our ministry lately, doors opening up and starting Bible studies.
Miss Anything? A big cheeseburger from 5 Guys or TLC. Or sleeping through the night. But I have only done that a few times in the past two years. Smile
Movement: Still tons. But not like Gid, who wanted to break out. Hers are more “I’m here…trying to get comfy…and randomly moving.”
Food cravings: Watermelon (out of season, so I’ll have to wait a little longer to eat it!) and a big burger. Other than that, food aversions is more my style…
Belly Button in or out? OUT! Pretty much. It never really went back in after Gid, so it was inevitable that it would be out eventually.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy. Sometimes moody, though.
Weight Gain So far: We’ll find out officially next week at my next dr’s appointment.
Looking forward to: Bows. Frills. Ruffles. Oh my!

Prayer Needs:
- Not losing focus on why we’re in Portugal.
- Getting around by bus and metro and walking. Getting around is getting a little rough and tough, I get so tired so easily,  and I don’t want to over-do it.
- Going to football games with a toddler who wants to play with the “BALL!” and the big boys. It’s getting a little tough to chase him around all the time.
- Getting prepared mentally for the actual labor part of having a baby. Smile

Just as you don’t know the path of the wind, or how bones develop in the womb of a pregnant woman, so you don’t know the work of God who makes everything.
                                                                                                       Ecclesiastes 11:5

No comments :

Post a Comment