Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Being Coach B's Wife

I met Coach B. a little over four years ago. He wasn't Coach back then. He said he had quit coaching because God had called him to go back to school and go over seas. I said, "Good!" because I wasn't marrying a coach.

We went overseas two years later with our son, G-man...with him being a coach. He coached football in Portugal for a little over a year and a half. 


We came back to the states because God has another plan for us, and another place for us to minister...We are coaching football in Oklahoma.



We now have TWO children...Gid-man is 2.


Baby Ruth was born in Portugal and is 4 months. 

The reason I said at the beginning of our relationship (we didn't date long, by the way, but that's for another blog...) that I did not want to be a coach's wife was because of the crazy hours coaches keep. Coach B told me at one of his other coaching jobs, he worked at least 60 hrs per week teaching and coaching! I couldn't fathom that amount...or what it might mean to his home life. 

But, here we are! In the plains of Oklahoma. Coaching football.


And it is starting to feel like "Home". 

No comments :

Post a Comment